Sunday 2 October 2016

Another try for Scale


As I feel there is room for improvement in the previous scale exercise. Scale is an interesting technique to apply. So I intended to try it again on objects instead of human face. And I believe I will have a clearer picture about the scale idea.

I would like to name this image ‘Every girl’s flying dream’. It is a romantic photo, isn't it?




Design Process:
1.     I enlarged the balloon into a very very big size.
2.     Then I compare it by squeezing the balloon into a very small size.
I found out that the bigger the balloon size, the more romantic the image is.


Abstraction v.s. Reality
Interestingly, although both my scale exercise used the same technique, scale 1.1 turns to be abstractive and scale 1.2 is very shaped to reality. I won't say that this balloon image have some sense of abstraction, in fact, although it is a romantic creature, it is very realistic.

My understanding to this difference is – the more repeated scale elements you contain in your image, the more abstract it will be, as abstraction is shaping something beyond real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment