Sunday 16 October 2016

Project 1b - Posters for Muji

When I chose the brand Muji, I hope to do something related with nature. As Muji is distinguied by it's avoidnace of waste and natural design, I believe poserts that make people think about 'nature' will be good. 

At the same time, Muji is distinguised by its design minimalism, so the posters design must be simple. 

'Simple is the best' - This guideline helped my a lot in the designing process. In order to keep image simple and clean, I decided only use 2 elements from my original
 


Poster 1 :





 I think this is a very Muji style picture. A large twig of leaves and a human with umbrella, beside them I have a Muji logo with cute layout. By using 'scale' technique, I enlarged the twig and made the man looks small. This is to remind us that we are always live under the nature power, which we should always protect her instead of destroying her. Also, because we look small in front of the nature power, so we can say that the nature is also protecting us. From this image, I can feel a sense of protection that nature has given to us through out centuries. 

The techniques involved in this poster is scale, repetition (the leaves) and deconstruction. 

Original Sources:


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 Poster 2:

A chair and a bind of planet balloons and a Muji logo. I think different people will perceive this poster differently. Some people will feel that the bind of balloons is taking the chair to sky or to the universe, while other people may think that the is chair is preventing the balloons fly away. 

I view it as the balloons are taking the chair to a trip. It will take the chair to sky, to the universe and to many many places. Probably I am a more romantic person, I want to be taken away by balloons. 

Ok, back to the picture. I think the balloons is representing nature, while the chair is representing human being. It gives us many spaces for imagination. And my understanding is nature can lead us, just like how the balloon can take the chair to my awesome places like the universe. 

The techniques involved in this posters are scale, positive & negative scale, and paper art.
 
Original Sources:



 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Poster 3:

 

The 3rd poster is interesting, as both elements inside the poster are nature element. At first I want to put a human's feature in between the butterfly wings, however this design didn't meet my expectation. So I replace it with a Lily flower. And I think it looks pretty cool. 

The nature is flying away. This is my first response when I see this image. Butterfly often represents some fanciful scene, such as dream. So when I see butterfly, I will think that something is leaving. As the Lily flower is taking away by the flying butterfly wings, I feel I can understand the image as we are losing the nature, because we destroyed it. Definitely it meets the Muji's brand theme - be environmental friendly. 

The techniques involved in this poster are: Scale, deconstruction and paper art cutting.

Original Sources:


 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magazine?

 
 But this may be better!

Target Media: Subway Advertisement

 

Since Muji's target audience is huge - almost everyone - I think place the advertisement in Subway station will have a good effect. And because all Muji's ads are very simple, it will surely stand out from a very croweded and frustarted palce. 

Yay, feel the nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment