Sunday 16 October 2016

Project 1a - Lonely Island

Original Idea:

The idea of my project 1a is actually inspired by a Chinese Singer‘s album, naming '孤岛'. In English it will be translated as 'Lonely Island'. I was looking at my used images for previous 2208 tutorial works while listening to his songs. And suddenly I wanted to create something representing a image of 'Lonely Island'. 

I always like the metaphor that 'Everyone is a lonely island'. Hence I was aiming to create an image that present this idea.

 

 I don't want any human figures to be presented at my island. Hence I choose the chair and the flower. 

If there is chair and flower, but no one is there, maybe I can create the atmosphere of loneliness. 




 


The Outcome:


At first I applied 3 technique: Scale, Deconstruction, Repetition.

Then I thought it might be interesting to add in Positive & Negative Space. So I have something like this:  


But as the effect is not good, I added the items again. Detail is quite important inside the image, I realized. With the details, it now looks better. And my positive and negative space works well in acting as a shadow.





I concerted the elements on the right side of the paper, and left the left blank. I was intending to using the contrast to create a sense of 'loneliness' - that you have nothing on the other side'


No comments:

Post a Comment